The immune system is a network of cells and its components and its function is to protect the body from diseases and infections caused by abnormal body cells, germs, viruses and bacteria. Antibodies produced by the immune system help it in fighting with these micro-organisms. At the occurrence of the autoimmune diseases, the immune system begins to attack its own tissues and organs as it ceases to differentiate between healthy and unhealthy cells.
Autoimmune diseases may result in mild or even severe complications and the effects vary in every person. They may affect various parts of the body like muscles, joints, skin, nerves, connective tissues, digestive or endocrine system. Autoimmune diseases are caused due to hereditary or some environmental factors. These diseases mostly affect women especially in their childbearing years.
There are more than 80 types of autoimmune diseases. Some of the most common autoimmune diseases are Addison’s disease, multiple sclerosis, Graves’ disease, Rheumatoid arthritis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Though there are no cures for some of the autoimmune diseases but certain home remedies for autoimmune diseases can ease the discomforts caused by these diseases.
Home Remedies for Autoimmune Diseases
1. Yucca as a Herbal Remedy for Autoimmune Diseases
Home Remedy for Autoimmune Diseases using Yucca:
A decoction of yucca can be massaged on affected area in order to get relief from aching joints and muscles.
2. Tai Chi as a Remedy for Autoimmune Diseases
Tai Chi is a form of exercise which enhances muscle movement and strengthens the joints. This exercise also helps in enhancing the immune system and stabilizes it to perform its functions normally. It also facilitates in reducing the symptoms related to autoimmune diseases. It is one of the most widely known home remedies for autoimmune diseases.
Treatment for Autoimmune Diseases using Tai Chi:
This exercise should be done twice in a day.
3. Reishi Mushroom as a Natural Treatment for Autoimmune Diseases
Reishi mushrooms are helpful in improving and normalizing the functioning of the immune system.
Cure for Autoimmune Diseases using Reishi Mushroom:
Consume the extract of about one gram reishi mushrooms thrice in a day for best results.’
4. Yarrow as a Herbal Remedy for Autoimmune Diseases
Yarrow is an extremely beneficial herb as it helps in the cleansing and purification of the blood. This herb also has anti-inflammatory properties which provide relief from the inflammation of the joints which occurs as a result of autoimmune diseases.
Natural Treatment for Autoimmune Diseases using Yarrow:
Consume this tea in the form of a tea or raw once a day.
5. Turmeric as a Treatment for Autoimmune Diseases
Turmeric is rich in medicinal properties. It facilitates in treating the inflammation caused due to autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis.
Home Remedy for Autoimmune Diseases using Turmeric:
Increase the intake of turmeric in your diet or have a glass of warm milk mixed with a teaspoon of turmeric powder.
6. Milk Thistle as a Natural Treatment for Autoimmune Diseases
The extract of the herb milk thistle is beneficial in the purification of the blood which helps in the cure for autoimmune diseases.
Cure for Autoimmune Diseases using Milk Thistle:
Consume 300 mg of the extract of this herb daily in the morning and in the evening to get relief from autoimmune diseases.
7. Sarsapilla as a Herbal Cure for Autoimmune Diseases
This herbal is not only popular for its anti-inflammatory properties but also because it purifies the blood along with enhancing the blood circulation.
Treatment for Autoimmune Diseases using Sarsapilla:
In case autoimmune diseases are especially resulting in inflammation of joints, have an extract of this herb or consume it raw twice in a day.
Other Home Remedies for Autoimmune Diseases
- Omega-3 fatty acids which are abundant in fish oils should be included in diet as they reduce the symptoms related to autoimmune diseases.
- Ginger also facilitates in the natural treatment of autoimmune diseases.
- Include coconut oil in your diet in order to get relief from autoimmune diseases. Consuming 3-4 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil every day strengthens the immune system thereby elevating the symptoms of autoimmune diseases.
- Certain foods consist of allergens in them like tomatoes, peanut butter, dairy products and chocolate. They aggravate the symptoms of autoimmune diseases thereby deterring the healing process. Such foods should be avoided. Processed foods should also be avoided.
- Essential oils like Bergamot, Clary Sage, Roman Chamomile and Lavender are helpful as a cure for autoimmune diseases.
- Stress is one of the main reasons behind the ineffective healing of autoimmune disease as it affects the adrenal glands. Deep breathing, proper rest and instilling a spiritual and calm state of mind facilitates the treatment for autoimmune diseases.
- Chamomile tea and rosemary herb are extremely beneficial in treating multiple sclerosis. But, they are exceptionally helpful in providing relief in case of occurrence of multiple sclerosis.
- Boswellia is one of the most common home remedies for autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis.
- Siberian ginger, Siberian ginseng and Borage are the most effective home remedies for autoimmune diseases of this kind.
- A herbal tea prepared by adding two teaspoons of lemon balm, one tablespoon of bugleweed and a 3-4 leaves of rosemary and mint is helpful in the treatment of Graves’ disease.
- Broccoli and radish are also advantageous in the treatment for autoimmune diseases of this type.
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- A mixture of turmeric powder and boiling water, consumed twice a day for a month is a useful remedy for this form of autoimmune disease.
- Green tea is also beneficial in the treatment of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
- Grapeseed and pine bark extract also facilitate in providing relief from the symptoms of this autoimmune disease. They detoxify the body and enhance and strengthen the immune system.
Diet for Autoimmune Diseases
- A diet which eases the treatment for autoimmune diseases should consist of fresh fruits like pineapples, kiwi, grapefruit, guava, blueberry, dairy products and vegetables. The main idea of the diet for autoimmune diseases should be to strengthen the immune system.
- It should also include garlic, red bell peppers, spinach and soy beans. Nuts like almonds, walnuts, cashews and pistachios should be an essential part of the diet for autoimmune diseases. Nuts, if consumed in moderation are an extremely effective home remedy for autoimmune diseases.